We are not meant to do life alone. God gave Adam and Eve each other in the beginning so they weren't alone. WE ARE MEANT TO BE WITH OTHERS. So, why would you do a journey to healthier living alone?
I believe there is a tendency to want to go it alone because we can be embarrassed by eating choices, or exercise habits. Our mind says, "I'll get someone to help when I've got this whole mess cleaned up this is embarrassing." Y'all I've had two kids, if there's one thing I've learned from them, there's no time to be embarrassed. Take care of yourself, take care of family and make it a priority.
In my journey, I had my husband with me which was great. We cheered each other on, he held my feet to the fire when I wanted something unhealthy, we failed together, and we started back up again.
You may not be married, or have the largest group of closest, bestest friends in the whole wide world, but I'm betting there is someone who loves you and cares for you. If they love you and care for you, they want more days for you. Hey, I may not even know you, but I want more days for you because you're loved by someone.
So, find your someone, or send me a note and ask me to be your someone, and be very clear in how you want encouragement and support.
- Do you want a daily call/text/email checking in with how your day is going?
- Do you want to look through recipe books together to get ideas?
- Do you need help with meal planning?
- Would you like someone to help you prep meals?
- Do you need a cheerleader telling you how great you are doing and this is all worth it?
- Explain your reasons for healthier living so they can remind you when it get tough
Others want to be supportive of you and cheer for you! Tell everyone you meet you're on a journey to better health, you never know what you might find alone the way.